Sr. JAVA Software Engineer
- B.S. in Computer Science with 5-7 years software engineering experience, or M.S. with 3-5 years
- 3+ years of experience systems programming in Java
- 3+ years of Unix environment experience including shell scripting
- Experience designing and implementing frameworks for parallel systems
- Understanding of Grid Computing, Map-Reduce, advanced server clustering
- Knowledge of the core elements of file system, kernel and database internals -- latency, throughput, reliability, availability, consistency, security, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed file systems
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication skills
Please submit a cover letter specifying that you are applying for the Sr. Java Software Engineer position, and detailing research, work experience and resume to email@example.com.Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Sr. Software Product Portfolio Manager
HAMR's Software Product Portfolio Manager is the product owner of HAMR's software product portfolio. This is an opportunity to bring a family of products and associated technologies to market, manage and measure their success while providing informed decisions based on customer and business value.
This person will own the product family vision, business plan and overall product roadmap and management of the product family lifecycle. Balance between strategy, people, and budget providing cross-functional execution program manager leadership.
This position requires a strong technical background related to high-performance computing, software development tools, knowledge of managing multiple related products, strong communication and customer experience in leading customer driven products.
- Define product strategy and roadmap
- Elicit software requirements and market requirements
- Product software requirements specification for engineering and outbound Marketing
- Provide a traceability between customer requirements and product
- Ensure that the product meets the defined specifications and is successfully launched
- Prepare sales training and product kits
- Responsible for creating customer acceptance conditions, facilitating customer beta test programs, and product rollout with end-users, and ensuring that the product meets the specifications and is deployed successfully
- Complete competitive product offerings and ensure ETI product is market competitive
- Manage product development lifecycle for on-time delivery
- Develop core product messaging and positioning
- Perform product demonstrations and customer discussion sessions
- Complete papers at conferences and workshops
- Travel required
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a Product / Marketing Manager in the software industry
- Demonstrated success in defining, launching and managing a family of products
- Demonstrated experience in a startup business situation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
- Technical background, with product experience in software tools, operating systems, software development environments
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Please submit a cover letter specifying that you are applying for the Sr. Software Product Portfolio Manager position, and detailing research, work experience and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org